Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
In our company we use Google Apps for our business, and we would like to set up with OpenERP, so based in documentation and other forum posts i did the following:
- My OpenERP server is enabled in this URL: http://subdomain.mydomain.com:8069
- Install OpenAuth module in OpenERP 7.0
- In Google Console API, created a client_id with the proper "Redirect URL" as: http://subdomain.mydomain.com:8069/auth_oauth/signin
- Enable and configure the module in OpenERP with the created client_id, and everything else left as it is.
- Enter to http://subdomain.mydomain.com:8069/?db=DATABASENAME
- The "Log in with Google" button appears (how could i make appear always?)
- I use the correct email and password from Google Apps (email@example.com or configured alias firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The same email is configured as the user email and username in OpenERP
- Google asks me for authorization, everything looks fine and Google redirects me to my OpenERP log in screen, BUT with no success, and with the following Authorization URL error: http://subdomain.mydomain.com:8069/#action=login&oauth_error=2
I have no idea what else to do, I have tried all the possible combinations with the email and username in OpenERP, but it seems I am missing something. Where do I configure or associate the user from OpenERP with the user of Google Apps?
Found the solution!...
If you follow the steps above you will be able to successfully configure Google Apps (Gmail) with OpenERP via the OAuth module. The only thing i was missing is an extra step I found in a youtube video; you have to:
- Go to Settings - Users
- To the users you want to give OAuth access, send them a password reset by using the "Send reset password instructions by email" option.
- Ask your users (or yourself) to use the link they receive in their email, but, when they open it, they will only see the log in screen with the "Log in with Google" option. (no typical change password option available)
- Use the proper Google account and voila! - Now it connects smoothly.
This worked for me, might be useful for someone else. Maybe a more technical user could explain us why it happens this?.
The Youtube video that show how to log in with Google in OpenERP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-iwzxEeJmc
For future readers.
I hope you find it helpful.
Note to AYODEJI OGUNYEMI : I deleted your answer by mistake. Sorry. Please watch the above movie and ask a NEW question. Don't use the answers area as a place to ask new questions.
Hi! Its worked fine for me!, but thing is that it was allowing of unknow user with his gmail credentials to login into that..even though he can`t access the modules as he doesn`t see any of then because of template user as default,, but can any one help me how to restrict any other user rather than company`s alias mail extention should get error message to get rid of access into OpenERP.
Thank`x in advance
I had problems getting Odoo 8 to authenticate against my Google Apps domain with OAuth2. The process for Google Apps is different to standalone GMail and there are some extra steps to complete. Eventually I managed to get it working and I've put together detailed instructions here:
Hopefully this will help others.