Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Openerp 7- Sales and Quotations

By
Mayer Elyashiv
on 9/25/13, 2:59 PM 1,358 views

How can i keep Quotations when they are in "Done" status? My users don't want to havie just a Sales Order. They need to keep an history, and to make changings to the quotation, and then save time from creating a new one.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 9/25/13, 7:08 PM

You cannot do this without custom developments. A quotation that gets validated becomes a SO. It's the same document. I'm not sure to understand why it's a problem. Every SO was a quotation before, so there is you history... If you need to make a change to a quotation that has been validated in a SO, you should duplicate it (it will make a quotation) and edit it.

Ok, thank you Fabrice. i wasn't aware of the fact that if you duplicate a Sales Order, you'll get a Quotation.

Mayer Elyashiv
on 9/25/13, 8:00 PM

In the situation where customer only orders some of the product lines on the quotation, then the ones which are not ordered will disappear.

Can these quotation lines which have not been ordered (and therefore have been deleted before confirming SO) be found from somewhere?

Niko
on 11/7/13, 3:47 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/25/13, 2:59 PM
Seen: 1358 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM