This question has been flagged

Not long ago, I have begun to set up OpenERP 7. Have already managed to program an own extension containing user defined fields for standard customer module. These fields are shown in a new tab inside the notebook of the partner form I inherited.

My problems begin when inserting this code inside my view:

Either this:

<data>
 <field name="ref" position="replace"/>
 <field name="cust-category" position="before">
    <field name="ref"/>
</field>
</data>

or this:

<data>
  <xpath expr="//page[@name='Custom Fields']/form/field[@name='cust-category']" position="before">
    <field name="ref"/>
  </xpath>
  <xpath expr="//field[@name='Custom Fields']/tree/field[@name='cust-category']" position="before">
    <field name="ref"/>
  </xpath>

</data>

Sorry for not being able to enter my code sequences here that they are shown as I entered them, but I do not have any idea to to this. Anyway, you can see what I want to do: I want to show customer reference on my self-defined tab inside the notebook as very first field.

I do not get any syntax error when trying to install, but it is loading, loading and does not stop loading. If I abort it, I get a HTTP request error and have to restart the openerp server. No problem so far, but my module is only half-installed (settings menu for installing offers me "abort installation".

I thought, this occurs because of erronous code, but it does not seem so. Trying to install OpenOffice Report Designer the same happens. This is a public module and therefore should be clean. Can you tell me what I can do to be able to fully install any modules?

Discard

Did you checked that you didn't left any breakpoint on your coding application like eclipse or pycharm?

Author

No, impossibe, because up to now, I have not used any IDE for OpenERP development. Such small things I am still coding in nano editor. Any other ideas how I can transfer customer ID to my new notebook tab inside partner form?