Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[OpenERP-7] Point of sale receipt not matching pos_receipt.sxw

By
Matthew Fournier
on 6/5/13, 6:05 PM 2,343 views

The given receipt layout is not working for my Star TSP100LAN printer, so I intended to edit the layout in pos_receipt.sxw to fit. A test page of printing out the .sxw worked fine, but, after replacing the pos_receipt.sxw file in /point_of_sale/reports/pos_receipt.sxw nothing changed. Included below is two images showing the POS receipt as it appears in OpenERP and the layout open in OpenOffice.

imgur.com/a/O1wbD

Hi!!! I have the same problem. What you resolved? Thanks

Geiner Prieto Chinchilla
on 6/10/13, 5:48 PM
Matthew Fournier
On 6/18/13, 2:22 PM

I was not able to use the pos_receipt.sxw for sales receipts, but I managed to edit the xml file that prints it and modify it to fit my printer paper.

The file is located in /point_of_sale/static/src/xml/pos.xml

Look for PosTicket and set all the margins and borders to something very small. I use 3px for mine, just barely keeps it off the edge of the paper.

I still have no way to use the report layout that was given, but hopefully this will help people fix receipt layout problems.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/5/13, 6:05 PM
Seen: 2343 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM