This question has been flagged

We have ~ 50000 products. Do we need to create a reorder rule for each of them? If I want that the scheduler, with automatic orderpoint checked, create procurement orders for products with virtual stock below 0?

I don't have any reorder rule. If I run the scheduler with automatic orderpoint checked, sometimes procurement orders are created for products with virtual stock below 0 and sometimes not. I don't understand why??? I need this procurements to be created automatically every time stock is below 0... :-(

Discard

For those who are still searching to reach the same goal: https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/12.0/min_rules_per_category/

Best Answer

Yes, you need to create a reordering rule for each product. What would probably be the most efficient for you is to create one, then export it and reimport a csv file with all 50,000 rules. If they are all the same it should be easy to create a csv file with all of them. You will also probably have to export your list of products to retrieve their ids for mapping.

Discard

Hi Fabrice, Thanks for this answer (even it was a year ago). Do you have any idea if it is possible (or if there is a module) to generate this reordering rules at the "product category" levels. Therefore with all my raw materials in one category I could use only one rule per procurement locations. Jacques

Best Answer

If you change the the stock to "Make To Order" instead of "Make to Stock" then it will work fine. The drawback of this is that the scheduler will generate purchase orders every time even if you have enough items in stock already. Anyone knows how to stop the scheduler from generating purchase orders when you have enough items in stock that are "Make to Order" items?

Discard