This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello all,

I am a openerp beginner and I try to set up openerp 7 in order to manage stock. We have 2 exclusive franchises that can only buy from us. These franchises are physical shops with a POS module activated. The organizational structure in near future shoud be : - Our company with 1 openerp - Franchise #1 with 1 openerp + POS - Franchise #2 with 1 openerp + POS

So far, I read that it's better to avoid multi-companies feature in openerp. Futhermore, these franchises are not the same company and they need different accounts. But maybe you can tell me.

In that way, we need to send/share our produtcs catalog to our franchises.

How can I do it ?

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Best regards,

Vincent

Discard

Great question!

How did you accomplish this in the end as I'm in a similar position. Thanks

Dear Peter,

I just created a main branch for all my franchises,

And so all the others pick stock from the main one,

All the others are a subset of the main one

Hope this works out for you

Kind regards

Tutu

On 27 Sep 2014 10:56, "Peter Yelland" <peter@ronniesunshines.com> wrote:

How did you accomplish this in the end as I'm in a similar position. Thanks

--
Peter Yelland
Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post Openerp 7 and franchises
Best Answer

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

We do use Odoo in multi-company mode. Our company is the mother one, and we now have 41 franchises. Each franchise has its own shop, POS, account, stock, and so on... I made some modules in order to franchises can buy products from mother company with some intercompany sale/purchase module. All franchises can buy/sell our products , plus each franchise can sell its own products.

I published yesterday a tutorial in order to configure Odoo v7 Point of Sale in Multi-Company mode. For now tutorial is in french only, but you can use on-the-fly translator if you need another language.

Tutorial is here = Configuration du Point de Vente pour Odoo 7

Best regards

Discard