Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Open ERP 7 "Constraint Error"

By
Prem
on 11/29/13, 6:02 AM 2,911 views

I get the following error in Open ERP 7 which deleting an employee.. "Constraint Error:The employee or employee category of this request is missing. Please make sure that your user login is linked to an employee".. Any idea what needs to be done to fix this..

Paste your trace back so it can be more clear to give your answer. Might be the logged in user has not the access to delete the record.

Anil R. Kesariya
on 11/29/13, 6:38 AM

I'm logged in as Admin on OpenERP with Manager permissions for HR category.. I delete the user first and then tried to delete the employee in the employee record.. it then throws this error.. probably i should delete the employee first and then the user..

But now is there a way to delete the employee from the employee list as there is not user linked to it?

Prem
on 11/29/13, 7:47 AM
Dr Obx
On 3/17/15, 7:00 AM

Is this problem solved yet ?

josé magaña
On 2/5/14, 12:03 PM

Hello,

I was getting the same error and I was able to delete the employee doing the next steps:

1. Login as administrator
  2. Go to settings
  3. Configuration from "Human resources"
  4. In my case I unchecked the option "Manage holidays, leaves and allocation requests "
  5. Save configuration
  6. And finally delete the employee

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/29/13, 6:02 AM
Seen: 2911 times
Last updated: 3/17/15, 7:00 AM