Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Open ERP 7: Can't create customer

By
Jens Straten
on 5/12/13, 4:24 PM 3,906 views

I am using the Bitnami appliance to test OpenERP. When I try to create a customer I am getting the following error message:

Access Denied The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator. (Document type: Partner, Operation: create)

The user is assigned to the Sales Manager role. It works fine when I am using the admin user and so I am assuming that the user is missing some access rights. Any suggestions on what might be missing?

Thanks!

Borni DHIFI

--Borni DHIFI--
| 6 8 9
Tunis, Tunisia
--Borni DHIFI--

Techno Functional Consultant Odoo(OpenERP) 

http://www.linkedin.com/in/borni

Borni DHIFI
On 5/12/13, 7:04 PM

Hi;

A normal OpenERP user can't be in the same time a "Portal or Anonymous" user with limited rights.

Just uncheck these two options for an internal OpenERP user.

A Portal or Anonymous user, is an external user from your company and have only some limited rights for accessing some public informations or it can be an exteranl partner which can access his private documents and informations related to his relation with this company.

Thank you for getting back to me. I just double checked the Access Rights for Partners on the Sales / Manager role and create is already marked. Any other ideas?

Jens Straten
on 5/12/13, 7:06 PM

Your update mail on not selecting Portal or Anonymous worked. The user was marked as a portal user and not an anonymous user. Once I unmarked the check from the portal user it started working. I thought this wouldn't matter, but apparently it does. Thank you for your help! :)

Jens Straten
on 5/12/13, 10:22 PM

Hi Borni, when i create a portal user, he is not able to create the claim, the same "Access Denied" issue is raising, how can i solve this.

Lithin T
on 11/7/13, 4:44 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/12/13, 4:24 PM
Seen: 3906 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM