This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

How to open a new popup window from a button in a popup window without closing the current window.

i used this code but it close the current popup window:

def button_article(self, cr, uid, ids, context=None):
      ctx = (context or {}).copy()
      ctx['article'] = self.browse(cr, uid, ids[0], context=context).product_id.id
      ctx['form_view_ref'] = 'itk_entrepot.itk_entrepot_article_maj'
      if ctx['article'] :
          return {
        'name':'Article',
        'view_type':'form',
        'view_mode':'form',
        'res_model':'product.product',
        'view_id':False,
        'target':'new',
        'type':'ir.actions.act_window',
        'domain':[('id','=',ctx['article'])],
        'context':ctx,
        'nodestroy':True,
        'res_id':ctx['article'],
            }
      else : return True

<button name="button_article"    string="Article" type="object" class="oe_highlight" icon="article" />

Discard

What is your current window? Is it a popup? If it's, I think you can't have more than two popup.

Just to clarify, it's not possible with your method (server side), cmiiw. But you can create new instance.web.Dialog object to show new pop-up from javascript.

Author

Hi Benard, it'is possible to open a popup window from a popup window, for example in one2many field on edit, a link appear in the right of the field wnd he open a new popup window you can try it

Can you give specific example?

Author

Create a popup window which contains a many2one field and on edit click on the link which appers in the right of the many2one field , you can sea tha two popup window appears and the firs popup window dosen't been closed

Best Answer

Hi Kaisusr,

You can try this, I think it will help you
<button name="button_article"    string="Article" type="object" class="oe_highlight" icon="article" confirm="Do you want to confirm to close"/>

Discard
Author

hi madhubabu, thanx for ur answer but this is not what i want to do