Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

one2one relation in OpenERP? [SOLVED]

on 7/9/14, 5:31 AM 6,184 views

I want to create a one2one relation in two objects of openerp

I know that one2one relation has been depricated from OpenERP version>5

While searching over internet found following two links helpful for the same :

http://tutorialopenerp.wordpress.com/2014/04/23/one2one/ (don't know the language in which it's written but example is more than enough to explain)

So there are two methods to achieve one2one relation:

1) using inheritance by deligation and

2) using many2one fields in both the objects. For example 'employee_medical_detail_id':fields.many2one('hr.employee.medical.details', 'Medical Details') in hr_employee object

'employee_id':fields.many2one('hr.employee', 'Employee') in hr.employee.medical.details object

Questions : 1) When will we use one method over the other to achieve one2one functionality

2) Because i want to make one2one relationship and would like to show customized form directly instead of any 'Add an item' button. How can I do this in view file? so that only one entry is added?

Guys...please help. It's urgent.....

on 7/14/14, 2:40 AM

can you please tell some of fields in both tables? so that we can code it.

on 7/14/14, 5:47 AM

Hi Remya, thanks for comment : In 'hr_employee' table fields are emp_code, education_ids, family_detail_ids, medical_detail_id and in 'hr.employee.medical.details' table fields are blood_group, medicine, allergies etc. and employee_id

on 7/15/14, 2:15 AM
On 10/6/14, 5:03 AM

I have solved the problem. If anybody is looking for solution, please check this post : 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 7/9/14, 5:31 AM
Seen: 6184 times
Last updated: 11/18/15, 6:35 AM