This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello Everyone,

When i created database with odoo v10, without any demo data and country info, it gives me this error.

QWebException: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 2530: ordinal not in range(128)Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/odoo/odoo/addons/base/ir/ir_qweb/qweb.py", line 315, in _compiled_fn return compiled(self, append, values, options, log) File "<template>", line 1, in template_web_webclient_bootstrap_11 File "<template>", line 3, in body_call_content_10UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 2530: ordinal not in range(128)
Error to render compiling AST
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 2530: ordinal not in range(128)
Template: web.webclient_bootstrapPath: /templates/t/t/t[1]/t[9]
Node: <t t-call="web.webclient_script"/>

What could be the issue? does anyone face the same issue? 

Prince.

Discard
Best Answer

I had the same situation, odoo source was cloned forom github, 
tried to debug and trace error, and finaly, i found that for unknown reason some of the original source files was not properly cloned... to check this try

git status  # in odoo source dir

... my solution was, to stop odoo service, remove complete source , and git clone again... after that everything worked like a charm...

hope it helps

Discard
Best Answer

I am having this issue as well. Right out of the box, as soon as I try to create a db, and I am not using any non-ascii characters in my database info or the path to my Odoo executable. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Discard