This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hello my friends;

I want to call a python library in a module?

But, as i know in static folder we add javascript library and we call them through xml file.

The question now is how i can use python library.

Can anyone help please.

Thank you very much in advance.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Drees,

When you've installed a Python library on your system it is available throughout the system. 
The only thing you have to do after installing the library is importing it in your Python file. For example if I would want to install pysftp (a Python library to access remote servers) I would first install the library on my system:

sudo pip install pysftp

P.S: Don't forget to keep an eye out for which Python version you want the app. If you need apps for Python 3 you should install them with pip3 install, if you want them for Python 2.x you should do pip install.

After doing this I can import this library in the Python file (usually under models/your_file.py) like this:

# -*- encoding: utf-8 -*- import pysftp from odoo import models, fields, api, tools, _

class YourClass(models.Model):

# Your functions and code here.

You can find an example in one of my public modules at https://github.com/Yenthe666/auto_backup/blob/10.0/auto_backup/models/db_backup.py#L35-L38

Regards,
Yenthe

Discard
Author

Hi Yenthe thank you very much for your answer. But here is the link of the library i want to use. I have downloaded it and put it under static/lib but now i dont know how to call it in the xml file or __init__.py

Why don't you install the package? Anyways if you really want to add them in you should include them in the init.py file.

Author

How exactly because i have installed the package and include the dependency in the manifest.py

If you add the Python files to your custom module (for example yourmodule/extra) then you should import all the Python files in your __init__.py.

Best Answer

Vale Trood

firstly you have to install the python library by using

sudo apt-get install python-yourlibrary

OR

sudo pip install yourlibrary

After that, you just simply have to import in py file like,

import yourlibrary

Thank You

Discard