Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo Warning - Validation Error

By
Peter van Heun
on 7/7/15, 2:51 PM 1,324 views

From this day on, I get the following error when creating a new project:

"The operation cannot be completed, probably due to the following:

- deletion: you may be trying to delete a record while other records still reference it

- creation/update: a mandatory field is not correctly set

[object with reference: Analytic Account - account.analytic.account]"

Until today I did not get this error.

Searching revealed the following page: "https://www.odoo.com/fr_FR/forum/help-1/question/getting-integrity-error-when-i-try-to-create-new-project-75080". Fortunately in that page there is no solution that will resolve my problem. I do have all access rights.

Any suggestion on how to solve this problem?

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 7 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 7/10/15, 2:47 AM

That could be that the project.project model has been extended with a required field(this change cannot correctly set in the database because of the existing data, but the validations of the data before inserting in the database raise those errors) but the view that you are using was not extended as well so you are not sending the needed required field to the create method

Peter van Heun
On 7/10/15, 9:15 AM

Dear Axel. Thank you for your reply. I have deleted all the existing projects. Still the same problem. I tried to figure out what field had extended the project.project model. I can find two fields in the model that are not in the view. Unfortunately I am not able to modify those fields. I am also not able to change the obligatory of fields in the model.

Any suggestions further more?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/7/15, 2:51 PM
Seen: 1324 times
Last updated: 7/10/15, 9:15 AM