This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I want to import a list of products in odoo V8. The products need some extra information in the system for internal reference. So each product has to be assigned a range of extra numbers next to the internal reference (about six extra, e.g. tariff numbers). Some of these also have to appear on reports.

In the developer mode I already created some fields (Sales > Products > Products > Manage Views (product.template) > Create New Field)

1. Is there a more practical and leaner way to assign extra data to the products (e.g. tags)?

2. I heard that when updating I will lose the fields. So unless I have a workaround through an individually programmed module, I will have to create the fields new again after every update. Why is that?

Discard
Best Answer

Maltzahn,

The modularity approach is better always and it is advisable that you create a module for custom fields. If any field is mandatory, pass the values inside the Import-compatible file.

1. Assign extra data - Tags : These are categories you can create on the fly.

2. While updating a module, you would only lose the customised view if you edited the original view record. The additional views created, the additional fields created will not be impacted at all.

Try these in a test db and proceed.

Thanks.

Discard