Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo V8: How can I edit products description in backend ?

By
Vaishal Patel
on 7/6/16, 9:52 AM 210 views

Hi guys I know how to edit a products description in the frontend, by going to the products page and pressing edit. But, I would like to know how this description:

<div itemprop="description" t-field="product.website_description" class="oe_structure mt16" id="product_full_description"/>

Can be edited in the backend?

I have tried to edit the description in the products -> information tab. But, I am of the impression this is only for internal use.

ermin trevisan I have looked for that option but can't seem to locate it: any idea as to how I find it ?

Vaishal Patel
on 7/6/16, 10:01 AM

UPDATE

I have as per ermins suggestion tested this, but it adds the description on this right-hand side near the image via:

<hr t-if="product.description_sale"/>

<div><p t-field="product.description_sale" class="text-muted"/></div>

However I would like the description to appear for the above.

Vaishal Patel
on 7/6/16, 10:13 AM

Jeremy sorry I am new to odoo, which form would view would it be ?

Vaishal Patel
on 7/7/16, 5:15 AM

Jérémy Kersten (jke)

--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--
| 3 2 5
Jodoigne, Belgium
--Jérémy Kersten (jke)--

Jérémy is a member of the core R&D team since september 2013. He developed several projects for OpenERP version 8 including the eCommerce, the Google Calendar synchronization and the new product variants/configurator. Now, he manages Odoo website and themes for saas.

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
On 7/6/16, 6:49 PM

It is not displayed by default, so you need to add the <field name='product_full_description'/>  in your form view.

The field product.description_sale is displayed by default. But I can't find a field "product_full_description" in the backend???

Ermin Trevisan
on 7/7/16, 1:10 AM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 7/6/16, 9:58 AM

It's the "Description for Quotations" under the Sales tab.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/6/16, 9:52 AM
Seen: 210 times
Last updated: 7/6/16, 6:49 PM