This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi Everybody;

I'm a newbie in OpenERP, I want to setup the environment development in Eclipse.

After getting Odoo V8 from Git and create project and then compile the project; i'm getting this error: 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\user1\git\odoo\openerp-server.py", line 2, in <module>
    import openerp
  File "C:\Users\user1\git\odoo\openerp\__init__.py", line 70, in <module>
    import conf
ImportError: No module named 'conf'

NB: I'm using python V3.4

Any help plz ?!

Discard
Best Answer

I have stuggled with this today also, and I was able to solve it, but you need python 2.7 for odoo v8.

In Eclipse you have to set some variables before you can correctly run the odoo sever, typically you have to set some variables to the correct value. Like in this case it seams your odoo-server cannot find the modules, because you don't have the add-on locations passed to the server.

like for example the following command parameters:
-c /etc/odoo-server.conf --logfile=LOGFILE  --addons-path=ADDONS_PATH

Within eclipse you have to find the run-configurations and you have to enter the variables on the second tab of that screen.
I suggest you take a look at how to configure eclipse for python, especially how to pas some command line parameters to the python file.

if you find this information usefull, please give me a thumbs-up vote!

Discard

But what did you got in the end, by configuring eclipse?

Best Answer

Uhm, I think you confused some things there. You do not need to compile OpenERP. Just running the the right python file (openerp-server.py) will get you compiled files for what is needed.

Secondly, OpenERP runs on Python version 2.7+, but I believe (I could be wrong here) that it must be at least a python 2 version, not version 3. 

Discard

It must be at least a Python 2 version? In the OP Microsoft system? In the OP Linux distribution?