This question has been flagged
4 Replies

The public user is a kind of a magic user. 

When a unkown user enters your webshop and order some products. He/She has to fill in some basic information (like name, adress, country etc). Odoo will then create an user with the appropiate information and will go to the payment provider. After payment is succesfull the sale is confirmed.

But what about recurring customers, how can they login? If I use the login from the website they will go to the portal instead of the website (this is confusing for most customers). Also when a visitor creates a new account through the login link, it will give an error (500 error about no rights for this user). I can solve this by making a change in the template, but I don't know if this is necessary, or that I'm doing something wrong. 

Basically what I want is how can a user login with his/her credentials and stays in the website, and he/she doesn't have to fill in all the information when he/she orders some products. Also the registration should be working without going to the portal.

But how do I have to configure the correct rights/settings for make this possible?

Discard
Best Answer

@Martin : use a template user for all new users and add your preference

Maybe this module could be interesting for you

https://github.com/savoirfairelinux/website/tree/8.0-website_menu_display

Discard
Best Answer

On the user, you can set the Home Action to open the website and not the backend.

Discard
Author

yes, but will this then automatic for all new users who are registering?

Best Answer

You also might be interested to know that the unregistered users are actually using odoo logged with the user id = 3

Hope it helps,

Jordi

Discard
Author Best Answer

Okay, it's seams to work. Thank you all for responding these great tips!

I have create an usertemplate which access to the portal and the website (only rights). Also I have set the home action to website.

Now when a user registers or login in he/she will be able to do so, and will be redirected to the website.
Good!.

but now I have a strange problem, that when the user order some items throught the webshop, he/she cannot get passed the "your adress/ billing information". whatever information I fill in, I'm not able to confirm the order. 

unfortenately the server logging is not showing anything ("GET /shop/confirm_order HTTP/1.1" 200). When I checked the auto created user, I noticed that some fields are not filled in like the address/financial position etc). 

how to solve this?

Discard