Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Consider a product whose standard unit size is a 1kg bag. We buy it from the supplier in a 10kg box with 10 x 1kg bags.
We sell this product in 1kg bags for $10 and also the 10 x 1kg box for $90. Because they are buying in bulk, the price of the 10kg box includes a discount of 10%.
From what I understand, we could approach this in a couple of ways:
1. Use Units of Measure. The limitation here is that we wouldn't be able to specify a different price, barcode, etc for the Box, and would have to use price lists - which adds complexity and doesn't give us an quick way to view prices on the product page.
2. Use Product Variants. This lets us specify specific price, barcode, etc for the 1kg bag and 10kg box. But we wouldn't be able to manage stock properly, unless we set up each variant as a BoM, which again adds complexity.
I'm wondering if there is a third way which has the functionality of the Unit of Measure but with ability to specify different prices, barcodes per unit of measure?
Hi guys, hope you well.. There no option to use different price for different UOM in default odoo. We have developed relating to this requirement for out Thailand client.
I just explain his requirements
1. Some product will got 2-3 barcodes for each UOM
2. Different customer group (Level of price)
and Sales of a same product have different unit of measure. (buy in Kilogram ,
but we sell in Meter)
4. Price for Pack and unit, if ordered more or less than the pack. (customer bring 13 cans of Coke to POS cashier, the price will be automatically a Pack and a Can, that is $22 + $2.5 = $24.5 .)
Hope you useful..
Thanks and regards,
You can use packages (v11) to manage your stock.
In inventory you-> Configuration-> Settings select Delivery packages.
Go to Inventory ->Configuration- >product packages to create standard package of a product. Barcode for package can be registered.
On goods receipt put in pack and register as the standard package type. Your inventory will show the packages.
In the sales order, you can specify the standard package type.
If you take part of a package, there should be a routine to unpack the rest.
Discount managed by price list and / qty.
I think this should work for you.
Hi Peter Snow,
This is really a good question. I think you can achieve this using Pricelist.
In the pricelist you can set the quantity and the price for that quantity just like your example.
Set a pricelist: This may help you to configure the pricelist as per your use.
Sudhir Arya ERP Harbor Consulting Services skype: firstname.lastname@example.org website: http://www.erpharbor.com
About This Community
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 12/14/17, 1:26 AM|
|Seen: 1482 times|
|Last updated: 12/7/18, 5:31 AM|