This question has been flagged
7 Replies

Consider a product whose standard unit size is a 1kg bag. We buy it from the supplier in a 10kg box with 10 x 1kg bags.

We sell this product in 1kg bags for $10 and also the 10 x 1kg box for $90. Because they are buying in bulk, the price of the 10kg box includes a discount of 10%.

From what I understand, we could approach this in a couple of ways:

1. Use Units of Measure. The limitation here is that we wouldn't be able to specify a different price, barcode, etc for the Box, and would have to use price lists - which adds complexity and doesn't give us an quick way to view prices on the product page.

2. Use Product Variants. This lets us specify specific price, barcode, etc for the 1kg bag and 10kg box. But we wouldn't be able to manage stock properly, unless we set up each variant as a BoM, which again adds complexity.

I'm wondering if there is a third way which has the functionality of the Unit of Measure but with ability to specify different prices, barcodes per unit of measure?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Peter Snow,

This is really a good question. I think you can achieve this using Pricelist.

In the pricelist you can set the quantity and the price for that quantity just like your example.

Set a pricelist: This may help you to configure the pricelist as per your use.

Sudhir Arya
ERP Harbor Consulting Services
skype:sudhir@erpharbor.com  website: http://www.erpharbor.com
Discard

Hello Sudhir,

this issue needs to reach the R&D department at odoo.

Best Answer

Hi guys, hope you well.. There no option to use different price for different UOM in default odoo. We have developed relating to this requirement for out Thailand client. 
I just explain his requirements
1. Some product will got 2-3 barcodes for each UOM
2. Different customer group (Level of price)

3. Purchase and Sales of a same product have different unit of measure. (buy in Kilogram , but we sell in Meter)
4. Price for Pack and unit, if ordered more or less than the pack. (customer bring 13 cans of Coke to POS cashier, the price will be automatically a Pack and a Can, that is $22 + $2.5 = $24.5 .)
Hope you useful..

Thanks and regards, 

Dhivya.

Discard
Best Answer

You can use packages (v11) to manage your stock.

In inventory you-> Configuration-> Settings select Delivery packages.

Go to Inventory ->Configuration- >product packages to create standard package of a product. Barcode for package can be registered.

On goods receipt put in pack and register as the standard package type. Your inventory will show the packages.

In the sales order, you can specify the standard package type. 

If you take part of a package, there should be a routine to unpack the rest. 

Discount managed by price list and / qty.  

I think this should work for you.

Discard
Best Answer

I’ve also been trying to figure that out for years. When you use the UOM ratio it just divides the case cost down. There are a couple of modules I’ve tried but they are funky.

Discard
Best Answer

The module product_uom_prices meets the requirements, but is available only for version 8

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,
I Think this is an important subject, the Multi unit of Measure is not working properly in Odoo especially when it comes to the POS app which has very limited options in this regard. In the master product from I think we have to have the ability to choose the units of measures that we need for this product, the barcode(s) for each unit of measure, and finally the price for each UoM for the product, all of this should be connected to the POS app and to the sales App as well. I've tried to use a customized POS app to fix this issue the don't give a sold solution for the issue, I think this should be fixed by Odoo themselves. please raise this issue to them send them emails directly. odoo13 didn't resolve this issue.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, 

I am also trying to explore any possibility but so for no gain while we need it for POS. Let see if any solution is shared. thanks

Discard