This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hey guys, 

I am considering migrating to Odoo.sh from my on premises server.

I am now struggeling regarding the performance. On the pricing it states just the price per worker.

How do I know the performance of the server? Since I do not just have users accessing my system but also have data imports and other heavy loads I would like to know what is behind the "worker"

Can anyone give me an advice how to ensure the sizing or get a better understanding?

Can some one provide the underlaying architecture? Is the DB and Ngnix part of the worker power or how is this set up?

Thanks in advance!

Discard
Author Best Answer

@Yenthe: Can you describe what was slow about it? Was it any interaction with the UI or how did this affect you? 

How many unseres did you have on it and how many workers did you set up? 

Thanks in advance! 

Best regsrds

Christian

Discard

Mainly the UI. Build times are also slow when you're in staging or development. I've had several environments, from 1 user to 20+ users at once.

Best Answer

Hello ! We are on odoo.sh since January (V15 Entreprise) with about 15 concurrent users. Some days it's so slow it's bearely usable. I dont' if there someting wrong with our instance... Is sh still as slow as @yenthe said in 2018 ? Does it still need tweaking the code as mentionned by Ray Carnes ? When I open a ticket with odoo about it, they say I should clear the borowser's cache... 

Discard

Hello Thierry,

I'm also on V15 Odoo.sh with about 20 users.
Some views are slow, I remark that it is due to some calculated field made with Studio.

Denis

Thank you Denis ! We had 1 worker and just added 1. We had just published the website, so may be it didn't help although we only have few visitors...

Best Answer

@Yenthe : Is there a way to improve the different aspects involved in slow  page loading on mobile : js, css, server response ?

Discard
Best Answer

While it is hard to give generalized advice on sizing (it depends on how many users you have using the system at the same time [concurrently] and what those users do) we currently recommend 1 worker for every 25 users (about 6 concurrent users).

Note that a user is only connecting to the server when they click a menu or button.  In most cases when they are typing or reading, they are not connected (except when they type and the server tries to autocomplete a search result).

More details at https://www.odoo.com/documentation/12.0/setup/deploy.html

Discard

To be honest, I've noticed that Odoo.sh performance is very slow. We've migrated away two customers even before they where fully live because the loading times where too slow to work on. Looks like the biggest problem with SH right now.

@Yenthe where did you transfer them to?

I would encourage you to work with Support to pinpoint any resolve performance issues. Over half the Odoo Enterprise servers in the world are hosted by Odoo with over 40% of them being Odoo.sh. That equates to more than 4,500 databases hosted on Odoo.sh. I have been personally involved in a few where we needed to tweak custom code to perform better, but I don't know of any widespread performance issues. Even Customers who have their own data centers are choosing Odoo.sh!