Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

odoo server times-out, increasing time-out and memory limit

Abdul Qavi
on 8/14/14, 10:42 AM 1,720 views

Hi, I'm newbie in odoo. I've worked in PHP, and others. I'm uploading a very large file on Odoo, but it times-out. 

I want to ask what is alternative to PHP's  php.ini file in Odoo. Like in php.ini file, we can change server time-out, memory limit and other configurations, how can I do the same in Odoo? Though I've made changes in openerp-wsgi.py, but they're not reflected.

On 8/14/14, 12:35 PM

You can set attribute in config file cpu_time_limit = 15000.  Hopefully this will resolve your issue. 

[Config file]

admin_passwd = adminadmin

addons_path = /opt/openerp/7.0/server-addons

db_name = openerp70

syslog = True
syslog_facility = local3
log_level = debug

cpu_time_limit = 1500
max_cron_threads = 0

Start your server like python openerp-server -c /path/openerp.config

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/14/14, 10:42 AM
Seen: 1720 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM