This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Sorry if I'll be repeating questions but the search function doesn't seem to work.

I've downloaded it a few weeks ago and started playing around with the program. I want to use it in our small business with around 10 employees and I want to give everyone an account in my local OpenERP 7 installation. However, after I have added all users, I could not download any modules anymore. It redirects me to the OpenERP login page. After I login, it says it is only free for up to 3 users and cannot add any more modules. 

I have the following questions in mind :

1. Is the local installation of OpenERP free for more than 2 users? I have seen the pricing for the subscription and I wonder if it applies to my local installation.

2. How do I install additional modules and where do I find them?

Edit :

@Fabrice Henrion   Thanks for the quick response! I'll be looking into github later. I have additional questions though.

"The Odoo subscription that you see on the pricing page is a set of services that applies similarly to online and on-premise installations: bug fixing, upgrade to new versions, security patches, cloud hosting,... and last but not least access to the Apps Platform. "

3. Do you mean that the pricing for 2+ users applies similarly if I am on subscription (with database hosted on your servers) or local install (I install and host it on a local computer myself)? 

In other words, is it not free anymore if I have 10 or more users? Will the program stop working if I add more users?

Discard

I have updated my answer with more clarification.

I see... I understand now. Thank you for clarifying everything!

To: Followers of -Additional-Questions-Odoo-Pricing-Please-answer-3 <megabyte_143@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, 22 May 2014, 4:31
Subject: Re: (Additional Questions) Odoo Pricing : Please answer #3

I have updated my answer with more clarification.
__
Fabrice Henrion
Director Americas
OpenERP Inc.
51 Federal Street, Suite 401
San Francisco, CA 94107
Tel: +1 (650) 307-6736
http://www.openerp.com
Sent by OpenERP Inc. using OpenERP. Access your messages and documents in Odoo

Best Answer

Using Odoo is free. There is no license fee associated with its use. The Odoo subscription (Standard Apps) that you see on the pricing page is a set of services that applies similarly to online and on-premise installations: bug fixing, upgrade to new versions, security patches, cloud hosting,... and last but not least access to the Apps Platform. The Apps Platform allows users to install modules easily in 1 click, making sure that the correct version of the correct module as well as its dependencies are installed properly. The Apps Platform is a paying service because it requires maintenance and bring convenience. That particular service is available for free for databases with less than 2 users in order to make it easy for people who evaluate Odoo to install additional modules. If you have more than 2 users and you do not wish to pay for this service, you have the option to download, import, and install modules yourself manually by going to Odoo's development platform and taking them from there. It is currently being migrated from launchpad.net/openobject to github.com/odoo/odoo. The list of all the modules is available here: www.odoo.com/apps.

Additional clarification: The 1-click installation service on the Apps platform is one service among others (bugfix, upgrades, hosting,...) included in the Odoo subscription. Read carefully my message above with that in mind. When I'm talking about the 1-click service in the Apps platform, I'm not talking about all the services in the subscription. The description above is correct for v7 and earlier versions. Starting with v8, the Odoo subscription follows the same mechanism except that all its services (Apps platform, bugfix, upgrade, hosting,...) are free for databases with up to 2 users and in the cloud only. The Odoo subscription for 1 or 2 users on premise comes with a fee.
Finally, we are talking about a set of services here, not the usage of the product. Odoo is open source. Anyone is free to download, use, modify, and redistribute Odoo. If you want to do everything by yourself, not pay for the Odoo subscription services, and have a thousand users, you are free to do so at no charge, but you are on your own.

Discard
Best Answer

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~server-env-tools-core-editors/server-env-tools/7.0/files/head:/disable_openerp_online/

You can use this module to disable the online service from OpenerpSA, the apps is just a easy way to install modules and receive upgrades and so, they charge you for that.
You can have as many users as you want, since you don't use their service.

Discard

Hi @Danimar, i have the same problem if i use your module i have access at the community module without charge or your module disable the fonction to install community module ? If its the second answer how it's possible to activate an other server or something for install module in one click too ?

Best Answer

Hi @Danimar, i have the same problem if i use your module i have access at the community module without charge or your module disable the fonction to install community module ? If its the second answer how it's possible to activate an other server or something for install module in one click too ?

Discard
Best Answer

"The Odoo subscription for 1 or 2 users on premise comes with a fee."

" If you want to do everything by yourself, not pay for the Odoo subscription services, and have a thousand users, you are free to do so at no charge,"

It s really not clear, it  s free or not ? 

Also, i noticed that on premiser appli for e-commerce and CMS isn' t available, may you confirm ? 

Regards,

Olivier

Discard

(1) "The Odoo subscription (Standard Apps) that you see on the pricing page is a set of services that applies similarly to online and on-premise installations: bug fixing, upgrade to new versions, security patches, cloud hosting,... and last but not least access to the Apps Platform." - the fee is NOT FOR USE it is for the ADDITIONAL SERVICES. If you don't want or need the services, it is free to use for unlimited users. (2) E-commerce and CMS are available on premise, but only in the 'trunk' version (soon to be released as version 8). This is considered a beta version (or early access preview version) of the functionality soon to be released.

As i understand, odoo is under AGPL, so the code is free. According to pricing list, Openerp charges from 2+ users, regarless if solution is hosted by them or not, when you use what they call "access to the Apps Platform". So the question is "what is Apps Plateform" ? I guess it's UI that provides icons which allow you to setup all modules by one clic...may you/someone confirm ? I have setup v8 on my own server from github.com and i got such an UI. So i wonder how can i setup V8 and modules without using that UI. Does someone has a link/process to provide ? Tx

Best Answer

not clear at all, at least for me.

OpenERP was "sold" as free forever....lot of people including myself, used time and effort to learn the system, now we know we have to pay for modules....then what next?

This is not a good position in comunity standards and evenmore less on commercial. 

How can ODOO now expect people to come to the forum to help for free IF the supported people is being charged by odoo for whatever...

David

Discard