This question has been flagged
7 Replies

I installed Odoo V12. But I was shocked when I see the half of the modules were locked for upgrade. If you just want to add MRP II paid module, you need to pay  basic modules which are free.

So If I want to have MRP II on my community edition I have to pay 130,00 EUR per user per month. Am I right?

I love Odoo but since v9 it started to be pay per use model than true opensource model.

I guess with this trend Odoo v13 will be more closed to opensource community,  it is sad... We are small business manufacturer, I know the costs of the competitiors but this is not the point. I started to learn and use odoo because it supposed to be free for all. We  may be using 29% of what odoo offers but still I am not comfortable with seeing more and more locked features...

Discard
Best Answer

in my opinion try to learn odoo is the best way, you can create your own module without paying that stuff, even if that module is not perfect you can still maintain it and fix it with yourself and your team. 

Discard
Best Answer

it's a good value if you determine it will work for your company.  to get many modules in a mostly complete system elsewhere costs a lot of money.

question for small biz is do you need more specific separate app providers that might focus on a particular area, or an all in one like odoo for broad coverage but maybe not in depth in a particular area.

Discard
Author

Odoo is definitely the best. Thank you Odoo Team and Fabien for this great software.

But if you look the trend since OpenERP, it is moving towards pay to unlock features (for example no more accounting module). It is a business model, yes I agree but it did start as true open source project, and I was expecting it will be like that forever. Anyways I still love OpenERP/Odoo!

i appreciate open source efforts but at the end of the day, people gotta get paid for value they deliver. especially when it comes to the backbone of a business. My manufacturing business cannot afford 50-100,000 dollars for an ERP that most other systems charge. There is HUGE gap and HUGE opportunity for more affordable software for businesses who are beyond basic quickbooks accounting and a full blown expensive ERP system. I'm glad to see Odoo going down that path as I think they'll be rewarded. And it looks like Zoho One is doing the same, but zoho doesnt have the manufacturing modules.

oh for open source i wish some group would launch an open source Bookface alternative! that would be huge. i'm tired of the tech oligopolies going way overboard deceiving users and invading their data privacy to the extent they do. rant over! ;)

Best Answer

Hi Onur,

While you're right that it has become more expensive (already for over a year though) I believe you've misunderstood the pricing model a bit. When you buy a license you have to buy the apps you need just once. So if you would want MRP (which is manufacturing and inventory) you would buy those two apps one time. This comes down to 56€ for both apps (note that pricing varies in some countries). After this you have to add the pricing per user, which is 22€ per month per user without discount. If you buy it for a year you get the users discounted at 18€ per month per user. So if you would have one user and just these two apps you would pay 74€ per month:

You can calculate the final prices in the Odoo price calculator, at https://www.odoo.com/pricing 
As for the more closed sourcing: in theory Odoo does not move community features to enterprise. A few things tend to move to enterprise in a new version but extra features are also added. For example in V12 the whole website changes and extra features are in community.

Regards,
Yenthe

Discard
Author

First of all allow me thank you Yenthe for your installation scripts and opensource support. You rock!

As you explained I misunderstand pricing. But still too much for me to implement.

Best regards and thanks for your answer.