Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
1. In order to receive emails and send using user's own email adress in Odoo, Do i need to create both outgoing and incoming accounts for each user?
2.Is there a way to keep mails received Outlook active when it drops in Odoo, becuase anytime a mail goes to Odoo, it indicates it as read in outlook.
(A necro of a two year old thread, I realize, but it comes up in google searches)
I think you are missing the point of the user inbox . The goal is not to reflect your regular email inbox by fetching all the emails you receive in it. The goal of the Inbox in Messaging tab is to centralize all the OpenERP notifications that you could receive in the context of OpenERP (typically for the documents you "follow").
1. Configuration > Configuration > General Settings, section domain alias, turn it to yours (example: if your address is firstname.lastname@example.org, set this to gmail.com).
2. Configuration > Users > Users, select one user (the admin, for example) and go to their Preferences tab. Set their messaging alias to your account alias (example: if your address is email@example.com, set this to myaddress).
3. Create your incoming mail server. Configuration > Technical > Incoming Mail Servers, create a new one. (Let's put an example with IMAP: set the name: whichever you want, server type: IMAP server, server name: firstname.lastname@example.org -if your address is a google one-, port: 993, SSL/TLS: True, user: email@example.com, password: pwd_of_your_account). Click on Test & confirm and it will be configured.
4. Now go to Configuration > Automation > Scheduled Actions, and edit the Fetchmail service row. Set the attributes Interval Number to 1 and Interval Unit to Minutes, to check if there are incoming mails each minute (this way you will see if it works faster).
This answer was copied from here :
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 11/13/14, 2:39 AM|
|Seen: 1700 times|
|Last updated: 4/12/16, 11:30 PM|