This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Version: Odoo 10.0+e (Enterprise Edition)

Javascript modules are failing during website load. qweb module seems to fail. I am not sure how to get more detailed logging information for the javascript modules. The link below is an image of the javascript console during loading. I do not believe there have been any modifications to javascript code. 

Does anyone know how to debug a situation like this? 

I have tried upgrading base, web_enterprise, website_enterprise, website all with no success (no errors but the qweb and all js modules which depend on it continue to fail. The issue only effects the frontend from what I can see. It seems like something has corrupted the frontend.js assets. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-IKnPt1PvZ9Q0VKeURYRFVqMUE

Discard

Check the server logs also. Often it is a corrupt module which destroys the complete frontend, sometimes even the backend. Try to find out which module could be the cause.

Author

Thanks Ermin, I appreciate your feedback. I have not seen any errors in the logs I would consider to be a corrupt module. When I try to update an addon such as base (hoping to flush out whatever has become corrupted) I see a lot of modules which the system says have been moved or renamed. But this is an Odoo 7 which has been converted to 8,9 and now 10 so I figured they were just old addons never scrubbed during an upgrade. Usually I do not consider those errors to be critical. In the absence of obvious critical error logging. Could you give me an example of what I might be looking for which would indicate a failed or corrupt module?

Author Best Answer

This answer will likely not help anyone. The solution to the problem was rather unique and unexpected. The Main Layout template for the front end was overridden. The new layout was missing critical components which included the csrf_token. Without this Qweb could not properly load and as a result  many other modules failed which had Qweb as a dependency. 

I have no explanation for the overridden template, except "It wasn't me".

Discard