This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I'm having a problem whenever I create an invoice and validate it. The moment I validate, all invoice items go to outstanding credit and the amount due is equivalent to the total tax. At the top of the invoice I have a blue bar which says: "You have outstanding payments for this customer. You can allocate them to mark this invoice as paid." Each item appears in an "Outstanding Credits" list at the bottom of the invoice form. Why is this happening? What setting am I not understanding?

Discard
Best Answer

Have you checked that the receivable and payable accounts are set correctly? 

Discard
Author

Apologies I had not set the accounts correctly. Thanks for the tip!

Best Answer

Dear Alexander

What did you correct exactly to prevent this problem?

bart

Discard
Author

I was putting the invoice items under the wrong account. I can't remember which way around it was but I was mixing up an invoicing account with a billing account then Odoo was trying to warn me that my accounts were not balanced correctly. Choosing the right account solved the problem.

Author Best Answer

Yep they are correct. It's just that the amount appears in Credit instead of Debit. I have two Odoo instances running. The second is going to Debit and not giving me these problems - although I'm using the same accounts. I can't work out what's set differently.

Discard