This question has been flagged

I have a ubuntu machine with odoo running fine but im now trying to access that odoo installation from a windows machine.  I can access it fine but after a while the odoo pos (on the windows machine) goes offline.  It happens almost everyday about 1 or 2x a day.  How do i find out why its disconnecting?

Discard

please check any timeout is set on your windows system. I think its not related with odoo

Author

I know it's not caused by odoo but only odoo is affected by it. What should I check for? What timeouts and where?

Author

I just realized the ubuntu machine which has Odoo is connected to the network via WiFi. The windows machine where Im accessing Odoo from is on the wired network. The problem is that the ubuntu goes to sleep (since its not being used) and the windows machine then displays the red wifi icon meaning it has lost connection with odoo (because odoo-ubuntu is asleep). What is the proper way to stop this from happening? I guess ubuntu must have a way to prevent the monitor from sleeping, but I dont want that because I dont want the monitor on if im not using it. So this would be my last resort. Im wondering if there is a lan-sleep parameter or something similar?