Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

[Odoo 9 Community] How to deal with products with possibly unlimited variants?

By
Muhammad Irfan
on 10/3/16, 4:06 AM 128 views

Suppose i have a product with the following attributes:

• Color

• Width

• Height

The customer can only select a color from a predefined set of colors, for example the user can only select either red, green or blue. However, the customer is allowed to select any arbitrary amount of width and height (with minimum and maximum value), there are no predefined sets of width and height to be selected.

This condition leads to some considerations on the efficient way to implement my condition in odoo, such as:

1. What is the good way to structure those attributes into product variants?

2. What is the good way to create the Bill of Materials of the product? The most straightforward thing to do is to list all the combination of the product variants and create each of their corresponding Bill of Materials but as i said previously, the width and the height can be of any arbitrary numbers which makes it impractical.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

IT Libertas
On 10/5/16, 11:07 AM

Have a look at these 2 modules:

1. https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/variants_numerical_configurator/

2. https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/variants_bridge_pricing_numerical/

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/3/16, 4:06 AM
Seen: 128 times
Last updated: 10/5/16, 11:07 AM