This question has been flagged

Hello everyone, I explain the context: I have a server (VPS) under Ubuntu server 18.04 which I access in SSH. I installed on this server two odoo 9.0 instances via virualenv (a prod base and a test base --> odoo-test.service and odoo-prod.service). It is a source code installation on which I regularly install custom modules from the following source: (https://github.com/AwesomeFoodCoops/odoo-production)

I regularly update my modules with this source but yesterday during an update I proceed as follows: I open my server via WinSCP (an SFTP client) and as usual I update the modules to their place by replacing the old ones with the new ones. Once it is done (I specify that my odoo service is off) I launch the command which allows me to update all the modules with the database : /opt/odoo-test/venv/bin/python2 /opt/odoo-test/openerp-server -c /etc/odoo-test.conf -u all -d odoo-test

Except that this time I have an error message which prevents to continue the update: /opt/odoo-test/openerp/models.py:451: UnicodeWarning: Unicode unequal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal if cols [k] [key]! = vals [key]:

Here, to make it simple I proceeded as usual (and it worked before) and there impossible to finish my update. My odoo-test.service instance is running but is still not up to date. I read everywhere that this problem came from the term not "ascii" but at this point I do not know where to go ...

Has this problem ever happened to you? Do you have an idea?

If necessary I can provide more information.

Thank you in advance for your help !

Discard