This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

I just installed Odoo 13 Community on Windows 10.

During the installation, I selected the server installation because I have got PostgreSQL installed in my PC already.

After the installation is finished without any error, I tried to run Odoo on http://localhost:8069/ but nothing is displayed.

I found out that the server service is paused and cannot be started no matter how many time I restarted it.

Next, I tried to check on C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 13.0\server\odoo.log to check if there is any error messages log during the start up of the service, but the log file is totally blank.

I have no idea where else I can try to investigate it. Any advice?

I have also tried re-installing, but there is no good result yet.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Apparently when I re-attempted an installation, at the end of the installation, there was a message such as "using postgres as the username is not secure".

Hence, I created a new user in PostgreSQL for the purpose of using Odoo.

Then, I go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo 13.0\server\odoo.conf to change the db_username to the new username I created.

After saving the configuration and restart the service, Odoo 13 manages to run nicely already in my PC.

Note: I was using postgres as the db_username, but I guess we should not because it's the default PostgreSQL username.

Discard