This question has been flagged
3 Replies

In odoo 11 can not be used Standard Price (costing method) with Landed Cost.

In new odoo 12 will be possible?

Discard

I understand your point, but other systems do handle it (like SAP).  I thought it was available in version 9 or 10, but removed in version 11.  I thought I read it was coming back in version 12.

-------------------------------------

Entiendo lo que dices, pero muchos sistemas si lo manejan asi (sap), por ejemplo nosotros cuando llega material de USA(una entrada) todo lo tenemos con costo promedio y el otro sistema que manejamos tiene una ventana para poner los costos adicionales, es decir, aduana, transporte, etc......y este aplica a todos los articulos.

Si en la entrada el material costo 10 y los gastos aduaneros y transportacion 2....esos 2 se los aplica a todos los materiales.

De hecho el mismo odoo creo version 9 o 10 lo podia hacer....lo quitaron despues en la 11 y habia un post que lo iban a meter nuevamente en 12 y que estaba en servers de prueba.....pero ya no se si lo hicieron.

Best Answer

It is not possible, and I don't think it should be, because the landed costs are the 'real' costs of the product.

---------------------------------

Buen día Carlos Salcedo.

No es posible, desde mi punto de vista no debería de serlo, ya que el sentido de registrar los costos en destino, es costear los productos con el valor "real", claro además de registrar el pedimento a partir del 23 de Julio en la versión 11.0,

Saludos!

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Carlos, 

I'm not sure you understand how Standard Pricing works in Odoo.

Standard Pricing fixes the cost price of an item to the number that you allocate to it. So even if you purchase an item at a higher cost, it doesn't change the inventory valuation of the product.

What I believe you might be looking for would be either Average Costing or Perpetual Costing. I personally prefer Average Costing over Perpetual Costing because I'm using a Periodic Inventory Valuation system for my company. As a start up company, averaging the cost of the product based on the different purchase prices is adequate in helping me i.e. calculate margins and efficiency without going overboard on the accounting/stocktake side of things. 

Odoo has removed stock availability to use landed costs for average costing, but Hibou has a beautiful stock_landed_costs_average module (I'm using it for v11 though, not sure about v12) that allows you to add that functionality back in. Install the module and ensure that Costing Method is set to Average Costing, with Automated Inventory Valuation. 

If you don't see the option to select Inventory Valuation in your CE version,enter Debug mode and go to Settings > Users > [Select your user] and Select Show Full Accounting Features under Technical Settings. 

Viola! Thanks Hibou for the fantastic free module <3

PS: I'm not affiliated with Hibou in any way, shape or form. I'm just really grateful for their help and would like to give back by spreading the word.

Discard