This question has been flagged

Manufacturing and delivery weights:

In the Manufacturing app, I would like to know how to auto calculate the weights?

If my product C weight = A + B weights, why are the weights not calculated and printed in the delivery slip (A weight+ B weight = C weight) ?

Thanks

Ricardo

Discard
Author

4 years later and I am faced with the same question, maybe it is badly elaborated:
So let's go:
in a product with a BOM and a manufacturing route, can I not obtain the weight and, why not, also the volume automatically?
product C Weight = component A + component B weight
is it so hard to automatically calculate and provide this information in an integrated system?

Best Answer

There is no law of conservation of mass in Odoo manufacturing :) 

If your UoM of every product is Kg here then you take care of it while creating products/ BoM. But if you are working through different units and still want to act on "law of conservation of weight" you've got to figure out a customized solution or consult an expert.

Thanks

Vishal

Discard
Author

Thanks, but why the system does not sum all the BOM products weights automatically?

Best Answer

Hi,

You can check this community module : https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/10.0/product_weight/

This will help you to get the weight of a product as the sum of its component products. Have a look at the module.

Then regarding the weight in delivery slip you can inherit the report template and access the weight of the product from the product master and add to it.

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks for the reply, but I still have not found a solution for Odoo 11

Discard