This question has been flagged
2 Replies

How does MPS work ?

When it triggers MO, what about MO already generated using Produce route and mts-mto module ? In the real life, how to manage this ?

Depending on the choosen period, does MPS schedules MO and RFQ according to the SO planned date or on the SO demand date ?

TYA

Does MPS fully integrated with sales forecast process ? I understood I have to manuallly put the forecast.

Discard

Can you please check this video and see whether it helps: https://youtu.be/JnTeeQ6lH-w

Best Answer

Yes, based on your demand you have to manually set the forecasted stock. Also you can set buffer stock and based on this all you can generate MO or PO either by manually or by scheduler automatically generate. This will also consider your lead time, so you can check the qty needed in particular month/period.

Ex. If you want to manufacture 100 units of product A in April month then you can set the demand and based on that MPS report shows you the in which month the related components needed(based on lead time).

Discard
Author

OK for this step.

How does it work with logisitcs routes already in use ?

For ex: actually, the mto mts module + produce route generates orders in the system (MO or PO) based on lead times for each SO

MPS generates also orders based on lead times for forecasts

Do I have to choose between them ?

Author

OK for this step.

How does it work with logisitcs routes already in use ?

For ex: actually, the mto mts module + produce route generates orders in the system (MO or PO) based on lead times for each SO

MPS generates also orders based on lead times for forecasts

Do I have to choose between them ?