This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Does odoo allow setting different sales tax for each item per variant? Each item variant has different sales tax. for example:
Apple (USA) --- 10%
Apple (Egypt)... 4%

We need the correct tax to be the default for each product variant (not product) when the item is entered, so the when the user create new sales order, and  add item ( product variant), the Sales tax ( will be related to the variant) by default. 

Is this possible by Odoo configurations?

Version: Odoo 11EE

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Firas Mahmoud

Can you please share your solution for this problem?

Thanks

Discard
Author

sure, you can contact me at fraxnet.com

Best Answer

I have a use case for different variants with different tax rates Ermin. In Ireland, Children's clothing is tax exempt below the age of 11. So I have a T-Shirt (or other clothing) available in size Small (age 3-4), Medium (age 5-6), Large (age 7-8), Extra-Large (age 9-10), 2XL (age 11-12). All are Tax exempt, except size 2XL. This is the same in the UK.

I've installed other ecommerce website systems for small shops, all of which allow setting tax at variant level.

Is there any way to achieve this in Odoo?

Discard
Author

We achived that in odoo with customization, as it was not available in odoo using configuration in the standard version 11 and 12

I would like to be able to do this also. Can you share how you went about the customisation.

Author Best Answer

Thanks for replying Ermin, but I think you miss understood the case.  We did not create variant for each tax rate, we have product variants that each has different tax rate. The government who sets the tax rules, has set different sales tax per country of origin. We set the country of origin as an attribue that has countries as variants.  I know the documents. The default sales tax in odoo is set at the product level, regardless to its variants. 

we need to have the default sales tax to be  at variant level not at the product level.  I know, we can just create a product instead of variant and set the default sales tax for each.

I was thinking if there are some configrations  just like price lists, where we can set the different tax rates for each product variant, and the sales line will set the default correct rate when the item variant is entered.

Discard
Best Answer

This is the wrong approach, you do not create product variants for different tax rates in ERP systems. Please read the documentation about the handling of different taxes:

- https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/11.0/sales.html (see "Product & Prices")

- https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/11.0/accounting.html (see "Others/Taxes")

Discard