This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

I'm trying to prepare CSV file for importing multiple orders from external DB into Odoo.

I can adjust file format easily, but I failed to find Odoo format description and I failed to guess format expected by Odoo.

Currently my CSV file contains following columns:

1. Partner name

2. Source Location Zone

3. Product Reference

4. Barcode Scanned

5. Destination Location Zone

It's not all I'd like to see imported, but these are obviously required. Odoo keeps complaining about Source Location Zone and Destination Location Zone, for all these values:

"Partner Locatoins", "Partner Locations/Vendors", "Vendors", 8, "WH", "WH/Stock", "Stock", 15 (numbers I got from id parameter in URLs for Partner Locations/Vendors and WH/Stock views).

My questions are:

1. Is there CSV format description available anywhere? I tried both Github and Odoo docs with no luck. Odoo user docs mention only XLSX, but neither in downloaded community version, nor in online version I could find templates mentioned there: https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/10.0/general/base_import/import_faq.html

2. How am I supposed to reference Odoo model instances (e.g. Locations, Products, Partners, Operation Types)? By their names (Stock), paths (WH/Stock), ids (15)?

Discard
Best Answer

What kind of Orders are you trying to import - Sales Orders or Purchase orders?

You should use Import under Inventory first to import all the relevant products, create your locations etc. then export any relevant data to CSV / Excel to obtain the relevant IDs.

Then import Sales Orders or Purchase Orders using the Partner IDs / Product IDs from other exports. Best way is to run a Sales Order or Purchase order export and make changes to the file then re-import.

Discard