This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Dear all,
I am using odoo v12 and started developing a full new localization module.
I need to make some changes on the chart template properties for default values but I am stuck on it.

On the demo module I have found:

- Chart Template Properties:

<record id="xx_chart_template" model="account.chart.template">
        <field name="name">MY CHART OF ACCOUNTS</field>
        <field name="cash_account_code_prefix">10</field>
        <field name="bank_account_code_prefix">20</field>
        <field name="transfer_account_code_prefix">30</field>
        <field name="currency_id" ref="base.USD"/>
    </record>

For this 3 account prefix (cash_account_code_prefix, bank_account_code_prefix and transfer_account_code_prefix), Odoo is generating a new account for each of the lines.
Besides those 3 lines, I can also see another one named "999999 - Undistributed Profits/Losses".

I have tried to use my "own" accounts on each account prefix, but was unable to do it because the chart template has to be generated before the accounts.

Do you have any idea on how can I use my own accounts on each of the account prefixes?
Also, how can I refer to the "999999 - Undistributed Profits/Losses" automatically generated account in order to be able to generate a new one with my own data?

I am thinking about creating some python code that "recreates" all journals (bank and cash) for using my own accounts and delete the accounts I do not need, but I have no idea on how to call this python code after the full localization is created.

Any idea?

Thank you all in advance

Regards

Paulo

Discard
Best Answer

Hi bro. You solved this problem? I need them.

Discard
Author

Hi, what is exactly the problem you've found? At the time I post this question I have misunderstood how Odoo creates the chart of accounts. In fact, I have created a code to "fix" the accounts set by default for bank and cash journals but perhaps you have a different problem? Please advise.