This question has been flagged
4 Replies

We are running Odoo 10 Community on a Windows 2008r2 VPS.  We have Python 2.7.9 installed with pip.exe.  

Several modules purchased requires additional Python dependencies, but when we perform "pip install num2words" we lose our backend Odoo interface.  All top menus disappear.  We can see webpage and perform login, but nothing else.  

When performing pip.exe command line installation it shows dependency successfully installed.  But when trying to add modules that require dependency, the Odoo module says dependency is still missing.    Dependencies missing: num2words, user_agents, web-color-widget, and nodeJS.  

We would like to contract with a firm or person very familiar with Odoo 10 on Windows to help with configurations for system security, database backups, user rights, etc.  

Thank you,

Geoff 

Discard

Hi,

If the menu and all is missing then just try to upgrade the base module and let us see the menu and will come back. also trace the error log if it shows any details. After installing the dependencies make just restart the system / service accordingly

Author

I cannot find anyway to update a module via command line using windows. Please help.

./odoo.py -u modulename -d databasename

Author Best Answer

Very simple fix after 10 hours of trying... :)

First, I used "pip-Win_1.7.exe" as administrator to install dependencies to c:\Python27 default folder.

Then to allow Odoo to read dependencies, I did the following:

1.  For example, when installing Python dependencies, the num2words package was being saved to the following location:

• C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\num2words

• 2.  I then copied the num2words folders and placed them in the following Odoo server location

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Odoo10.0\server\num2words

• 3.  I stopped Odoo services, then restarted, and was then able to go to “apps” and install desired applications.

I hope this helps anyone else having same Windows Server challenges.

Discard

thank you