Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Need Action Mechanism

Shaumyadeep Chaudhuri
on 7/9/13, 5:13 AM 2,187 views

Hi, I'm using openerp V7. I am trying to use the need action mechanism which would show the no. of pending action on the menu. But i don't understand how to integrate it with the menu. I inherited the class and implemented the override method as it was documented. but i have no idea what to do next?

to make a need action your model must inherit from ir.needaction_mixin and add a _needaction_domain_get method

class MyModel(osv.Model):
    _name = 'my.model'
    _inherit = [

def _needaction_domain_get(self, cr, uid, context=None):
        return `a domain on this model`
Bréndou Serge Eric
On 6/10/14, 4:49 AM

Hi Chaudhuri and Jean-Sébastien!

thanks to both respectively for your question and your answer. But I need your help ...how should I do if the same model is linked to many actions recorded with different domains? eg: an action for draft operations, and an action for done operations

I found a solution: def _needaction_domain_get(selft, cr, uid, context=None): return ['|',('state','=','draft'),('state','=','done')]

Bréndou Serge Eric
on 6/10/14, 3:31 PM

You should open a new question. In the function you can check the state, and use conditionals to return different domains depending on this state.

Pau Ubach
on 10/15/14, 6:07 AM

Hi, If you have different actions for same model then u need to assign domains on every action. Lets take an Example of class sale.order which has 2actions with same model in xml file-> sale_order_action1: domain[('state','in',['draft','cancel;'])] sale_order_action2: domain[('state','not in',['draft','cancel;'])] Now when you override needaction_domain_get method then based on 2domains you badge count will be shown on UI.If any doubts contact me - shashank.verma0020@gmail.com skype: shashank_verma00200

shashank verma
on 3/24/16, 2:41 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 7/9/13, 5:13 AM
Seen: 2187 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM