This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I have a small module that does not appear for me to install, instead I get "No module found!"

All looks good so I've copied it into my addins folder and nothing I do makes it appear to my "OpenERP version 7.0-20131021-232357" so I upgrade to "openerp_7.0-20140104-002447-1_all.deb" and still have the same issue.

I've written some other modules so I'm amazed that nothing I do seems to have any effect.

/var/log/openerp/openerp-server.log doesn't give me any errors or warnings, and I've got "log_level = debug" in /etc/openerp/openerp-server.conf.

I've "service openerp restart"; F5 in my browser; Settings, Modules, Update Modules List; but still Installed Modules search for the module name doesn't find the module.

Do you have any idea why?

How can I approach figuring out why it does not appear?

I've used VirtualBox to create a TEST server and found that the module name appears there and can be installed. How can I find out why my ORIGINAL server has this problem?

Discard
Best Answer

Please Do check your __openerp__.py file is proper or not. in that Please check weather module is installable or not.

{
      'installable': True,
}

If it seems good then you need to check the access rights for your module folder under addons. it should be executable. if it's not executable then give access rights using

sudo chmod 775 -R Module_name

it will work.

Discard
Author

installable is true. Was not group executable; but, it is now. No difference... Search for "vet" gets "No module found!"

Dear Dale, Since its availalbe in your Virtual Machine, then it can be access rights issue.

First, check the

1. Acces right for the Folder.

2. then Check the Acces rights for the __init__.py file and __openerp__.py file. These files may not be accessible for your server user account, with which you are running the
    OpenERP server.

Author

Everything is at least readable:

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jan 5 16:30 vet_clinic/

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 84 Jan 5 16:30 __init__.py*

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 490 Jan 5 16:30 __openerp__.py*

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 698 Jan 5 16:30 vetclinic.py*

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2085 Jan 5 16:30 vetclinic_view.xml*

And chmod -R a+rwx vet_clinic/ didn't help.

Best Answer

Hello there,

Please verify the __openerp__.py is proper or not ? and the __init__.py file is present in the Folder ?

Discard
Author

__init__.py: import vetclinic

Author

__openerp__.py: {

'name': 'Vet Clinic',
'version': '1.0',
'description': """
Vet Clinic Application
""",
'author': 'Greg',
'website': 'http://www.firstclasscomputerconsulting.com',