Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

my custom module dos not show in module list

on 10/9/13, 7:04 PM 5,451 views

Hi Forum.

the module most add some fields to product.product normal view. i coped the dir to /usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/sol_products

are the modules dos not shown in the module list. (installed Modules, apps)

import sol_product_fields

'name': 'Sol Product Fields',
    'version': '1.0',
    'category': 'Product',
    'description': "This module will added some spacial fields to Products View Form, and remove the EAN13 Barcode",
    'author': 'xxxx',
    'website': '',
    'depends': ['base'],
     'demo': [],
    'installable': True,
    'auto_install': False,
    'web': True,
    'js': [],
    'qweb' : [],
    'images': [],
    'css': [],

from openerp.osv import fields, osv

class product_product(osv.osv):

_inherit = "product.product"
  _columns = {

'product_category' : fields.selection([('MCB','MCB'),('Switches','Switches'),('Recepticals','Recepticals')],'Pruduct Category'),
            'corve_ka_rating' : fields.selection([('3kA','3kA'),('6kA','6kA')],'Corve kA Rating'),
            'corve_Pole' : fields.selection([("Pole 1","P1"),("Pole 1+N","P1+N"),("Pole 2","P2"),("Pole 3","P3"),("Pole 4","P4")],'Pole'),
            'corve_current' : fields.selection([('10A','10A'),('16A','16A'),('20A','20A'),('32A','32A'),('40A','40A'),('50A','50A'),('63A','63A')],'Current'),
            'corve_hugh_code': fields.char('Corve Hugh Code ',size=32,required=True, help='Imput Hugh Code'),

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
        <record id="sol_product_normal_form_view" model="ir.ui.view">
          <field name="name">product.normal.form</field>
            <field name="model">product.product</field>
             <field name="inherit_id" ref="product.product_normal_form_view"/>
               <field name="arch" type="xml">
                  <field name="list_price" position="after">
                    <field name="product_category"/>
                    <field name="corve_Pole" attrs="{'invisible': [('product_category', '!=', 'MCB') ] }"/>
                    <field name="corve_current" attrs="{'invisible': [('product_category', '!=', 'MCB') ] }"/>
                    <field name="corve_ka_rating" attrs="{'invisible': [('product_category', '!=', 'MCB') ] }"/>
                    <field name="corve_hugh_code" attrs="{'invisible': [('product_category', '!=', 'MCB') ] }"/>

| 4 5 8
Tétouan, Morocco

For more informations about IBS, please visit our website at www.ibs-na.com.

For a specific questions, collaboration or help, please send us an email to support@ibs-na.com

On 10/9/13, 7:41 PM

First correct your code:

file __openerp__.py:

# needs quotes.
'data': [], # remove this
'demo': [],
'update_xml':['update.xml', 'sol_product_fields_view.xml'], # update this

Click on Settings > Modules > Update Modules List

Once the update is done, go to Settings > Modules > Installed Modules and remove the Installed filter in the search box, after that just search for your module name and it should show up.

Note: In Settings > Users > Users, make sure you have checked the Technical Features access right for your current user.

Dont forget to restart openerp

on 10/9/13, 7:47 PM

It isn't necessary in the case of a newly added module.

on 10/9/13, 7:56 PM

Hi Karim. already doit before i make this post. do it agen takes no effect. Mybe mi module is wrong ?

Please check my cod.

on 10/10/13, 4:30 AM

I updated my answer, please check it. if that doesn't work, please paste the last errors that you can find in OpenERP's log file.

on 10/10/13, 4:38 AM

Hi Karim. Ok now is visible in the modules. are installation failed:

Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture!

on 10/10/13, 5:34 AM

I updated my answer, check it. Just remove data and put its content in update_xml, don't forget to restart the server before trying to install the module.

on 10/10/13, 12:32 PM

Ok i updatet my Code in first Post now i get the errors The file is UTF8 coded an edited by Kate

Error: File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/openerp/addons/sol_products/sol_product_fields.py", line 7 _columns = {' ^ IndentationError: unindent does not match any outer indentation level

on 10/10/13, 1:37 PM

Please make sure your code indentations are correct, look in line 7

on 10/10/13, 2:02 PM

i updated code see first post. now i removed all taps with 4 x space. Created in eclipse.

now i get error Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture!

Other Tested code gif the same error <xpath expr="/form/sheet/notebook/information/group/group[1]/field[@name='list_price']" position="after"> <field name="product_category"/> .. .. </xpath> </field>

on 10/10/13, 4:39 PM

In __openerp__.py move the value from data to update_xml

on 10/10/13, 8:28 PM

ok Now i found the error. i removed the record to remove ean13 and do a separate module for ean13

Just on question to you. How to remove div, groups, labels, buttons... via custom module ??

on 10/11/13, 7:57 AM

I think you can use xpath to achieve those changes, but sometimes it won't work because other forms depend on some elements that you are trying to remove.

on 10/11/13, 8:34 AM

ok find Dank you very much for your help

on 10/11/13, 8:42 AM

You are welcome :-)

on 10/11/13, 8:53 AM
Sraddhanjali Acharya
On 3/5/16, 12:02 PM

Put your name of the module in double quotes. 

Nnamdi Jibunoh
On 12/16/15, 4:46 AM

If you are running V9 then you need to enable Developer Mode first by Small_Help_Icon(top right corner) -> About -> Activate Developer Mode.

This is required for most of the menus that are mentioned in the other answers to show up.

Grover Menacho

--Grover Menacho--
| 5 7 8
La Paz, Bolivia
--Grover Menacho--

Systems Engineer + MBA

Grover Menacho
On 10/9/13, 7:38 PM

You have to press Update Module List first, and then go to Installed modules and remove the Installed filter

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 10/9/13, 7:04 PM
Seen: 5451 times
Last updated: 3/5/16, 12:14 PM