This question has been flagged
5 Replies

I believe this question was already here, but can't find an answer.

We have a problem with the stock for a product.

I will try to explain.

we have a product that we sell in multiple quantities, 1 piece, 3 piece, 6 piece, etc. we sell this online so the client can choose what quantity he wants. I know we can fix this with variants, but how can we get this from the same stock?

Who can explain me this how to fix, thank you

Discard
Best Answer

If you use regular sales order, you can use unit of measures. But if you use an eCommerce, you'll have to create different products.

For an eCommerce, I would do this:

- create variants of the sale product: unit, pack of 3, pack of 6

- create a Kit (you need the manufacturing module), which is a bit that says: 1 pack of 3 = 3 units.

When the visitor buys a pack of 3, Odoo will consume 3 units automatically.

Discard
Author

Fabien, Thank you for your answer. The sales order is going okay its more for the eCommerce.

The problem I have is the stock of those products, with those variants I still need to put the stock in for every variant. But its the same product.

Is there no way in Odoo you can use eCommerce with multiple variants and one stock just, 1 piece is 1 of stock, 3 piece is 3 piece from stock. Looks like custom build

Check my answer: is you define a kit, using the MRP app, it works as you expect.

Best Answer

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing as  OP.
However, I do not want the delivery order to split the product into its constituents.

I would like it to function such as a MTO product. So that when I sell a collection of products (Pack). All components are removed from stock and I deliver the pack and not separate components.
Also, when I make a purchase order for the pack I want the pack as well as the components to be added in stock. 

Discard
Best Answer

Either you can use a custom module found on the app store .

Or as a work around u can use manufacturing module and make a bom of kit type for each quantity and link all to same stock item.

Discard
Author

Custom module I can't find it, but can you explain me how to do this with manufacturing

thanks

this is an examole for a custom

module https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/13.0/website_product_multi_uom/

regarding manufacturing here how it goes:

you have ur main item lets call it main

creat another product for each unit of measure eg product 3 pce ,int hose product choose manufacture and mto routes

creat a Bom for the 3 pce where one 3pce will consume 3 main products.

so when your customer purchase the 3 piece a manufacure order will automatically generated .

in this way you sell 3pce but you will consume 3 units of the main in stock

Best Answer

Hi Wilfried:

You can do the following to achieve this:

1. Go to Sales > Configuration > Settings and select the Units of Measure checkbox in the Product Catalog section. This will allow you to specify custom UoMs.

2. Then go to Sales > Configuration > Units of Measure and create your custom UoMs for 3 piece, 6 piece, etc.

3. You can now select the custom UoMs when you create the Sales Order.

For example, if you were selling in Units, the configuration of 3 Units would look like so.

These UoMs will look like so when you use them in the Sales Order. The unit price is automatically multiplied by 3.

Similarly, the Delivery Order will treat the 1st as 1 unit and the second one as 3 units automatically like so.

Discard
Author

Thank you, but the main point is for us eCommerce. We use variants but we must put in every variant a stock, but its still the same products only the quantity is different.

Best Answer

Hi, as i see from situation. or apps store, or as Fabien wrote - kit. In both cases - new apps. test in your test environment (or runbot)  which can be better and it will work. Some kind of work around, but kit as we used - quite the best solution for this case. off course, some re engineering, because you use variants.

Discard