This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Is it possible to have multiple sales people (and/or multiple sales teams) for one customer?

We have three divisions that may each have a salesperson/team for the customer/contact, but I don't see a way to do this out of the box.

Discard

Did you ever implement this? I'd be very interested in hearing how since I have to do the exact same thing.

Best Answer

You cannot do it out of the box. You will have to custom code this feature.

You could either add more columns to the existing partner model, or change the sales person field in the partner model to many2many so that you can choose multiple sales people for a customer.

If you need help doing this there are many partners out there that would be happy to help you implement this project. https://www.openerp.com/partners/directory

Discard

Trying this method returns an error that "Properties of base fields cannot be altered in this manner! Please modify them through Python code, preferably through a custom addon!" <-Editing the partner model and changing Salesperson from Many2One to Many2Many.

"You will have to custom code this feature" means just that. You have to write code in a custom module, it cannot be done using developer mode in openERP.