Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

multiple database with multiple user

Erik Bruder
on 4/16/13, 4:55 AM 1,104 views

I would like to run several instances of the openerp-server for example i would like to have the first database on webport:40169 the second database on webport 40269 so create a postgresql user for each database and start the instances with: ./server/openerp-server --xmlrpc-port=40169 --netrpc-port=40170 --addons-path=addons,web/addons -d first_db -r first_db_user

./server/openerp-server --xmlrpc-port=40269 --netrpc-port=40270 --addons-path=addons,web/addons -d second_db -r second_db_user

but i got error message: File "/opt/openerp/server/openerp/sql_db.py", line 433, in borrow result = psycopg2.connect(dsn=dsn, connection_factory=PsycoConnection) OperationalError: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user "first_db_user"

whats wrong?

Whats the calling method? maybe list_db?

Danimar Ribeiro
on 4/16/13, 11:03 AM

how do you mean that?

Erik Bruder
on 4/16/13, 11:10 AM

because there is method called list_db that needs to make a query as superuser to list all the databases, probably is not the case. just to make sure that this is not a bug and this method has not been called.

Danimar Ribeiro
on 4/16/13, 2:11 PM

how can i test this?

Erik Bruder
on 4/16/13, 5:39 PM

You must verify the stack trace for that. But for purpose tests, why don't you give superuser rigths for the user you are using, so you can isolate the problem.

Danimar Ribeiro
on 4/18/13, 10:11 AM

| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
On 4/16/13, 6:34 AM

You already gave the answer yourself: ident authentication failed for user "first_db_user".

Did you create a user first_db_user in the postgreSQL db, and gave him rights to access the needed tables?

yes user is created via webmin modul.. he has only access to first_db.. does he need other access?

Erik Bruder
on 4/16/13, 6:50 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 4/16/13, 4:55 AM
Seen: 1104 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM