Odoo Help

Multi-company shared product configuration

on 2/18/13, 8:04 AM 14,780 views

I have a situation where three companies need to share the same products. Each company has it's own procurement method for the product and it's own stock levels. I would like to avoid having to maintain three separate, almost identical, product lists.

An example:

For a product [A]

• Company 1 makes [A] from raw material
  • Company 2 buys [A] from Company 1 and uses it in manufacture.

The product is always the 'same' product (so should have same ID) but it can be used differently in different companies.

I have looked at product_multi_company, however this seems to be only for the prices.

How do I go about configuring this?

(OE v7, Ubuntu 12.04)

I'm also interested on see how this scenario can be ported to OpenERP, I'm confronting same issues here and I don't know what else to try.

on 2/19/13, 10:31 AM

+1 .. also interested.

HIGHCO - Nicolas Clavier
on 2/20/13, 4:22 AM

@NicolasClavier, if you are interested on the subject, please upvote the question so other users can see it is important and maybe some of them can answer it

on 2/20/13, 4:25 AM

indeed )) old forum habits, sorry.

HIGHCO - Nicolas Clavier
on 2/20/13, 4:42 AM

Hello all. If anyone has implemented this, I'd be curious to read the solution. I don't really need it for myself but I'm just curious so don't go out of your way if you're too busy to post. I'm sure it has to be a custom module especially since the Supply Method is a single entity and you can't have buy and manufacture on the same product. I would try to make the supply method field a many2one option so I can set both By and Manufacture, then when creating the SO from company 2 I would use the buy method and when manufacturing with Company 1 I would (obviously) use the manufacture method.

Elephante, Sean Samborski
on 12/21/13, 4:41 PM

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)

--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--

| 5 6 8
Paris, France
--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--

Forum contributor since 2008

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)
On 3/2/13, 3:02 PM

you can read openerp documentation for multi company to know if it is what you need, see :

Hope this will help and works.

Thanks GEM, I looked at this but it seems to only generate stock movements and i need to have PO and SO between the companies. Essentially it needs to be as if they are completely separate entities, who just happen to have the same products.

on 3/20/13, 6:42 AM
Paul Catinean
On 10/15/13, 12:54 PM

Regarding stock you would just have to define a separate shop/warehouse/locations for each company This thread will help you with that:

As for separate procurement I also had this issue and managed to solve it with a simple script that I've whipped up in 5 minutes (hence it might not be that stable)

It is only partially tested on version 7, if I can help out a bit more with it please let me know

Good luck!

Boniface Irungu
On 5/29/14, 12:59 PM

To achieve this, the trick is on the property for each company i.e on the settings>parameters>configuration parameters. For each company make sure that you have defined it Income/Expense accounts property, Receivable and Payable accounts property etc. Then on the product do not set the Income/Expense accounts. Make sure that also on the Product category you have not defined the income and expense accounts. 

When you switch from company A to company B, openerp automatically selects the correct income/expense accounts using the property defined for that company. Properties are defined in the model ir.property. Remember to also define properties for ir.sequences. Hope this helps.

On 2/19/14, 5:10 PM

There is a new module that you can use to create a workflow for multi-company PO and SOs.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 2/18/13, 8:04 AM
Seen: 14780 times
Last updated: 9/1/17, 4:45 AM