This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi, I'm utilizing odoo v8 and Im tryng the multicompany. First of all I don't have understood the difference between the option under Coniguration -> General Setting -> Options -> Multi company (that enable a module) and the Usability - > Multicompany with allowed company access rights. What is the difference? And Im trying to remove and add subcompany to allowed company for a user but nothing seems to change.

I have a main company and a subcompany, how can I share the same products and let specified users to see only one company products and hide for example the subcompany products and viceversa?

Thank you

Discard

Usability - > Multicompany will give user an access right to read multi company records. By default user has only permission to read records having user base company

Best Answer

I think this part of the document covers this all:

https://doc.odoo.com/book/multi/

Discard
Author

Thank you for the answer. I've read it but it's not specified what is the enabled module at Coniguration -> General Setting -> Options -> Multi company and what will change if you'll activate it. And I contiune to not understand the field allowed company in user access rights tab. I've tried to change it several time for several cases but nothing seems to change with the viewing of products

Hi I checked https://doc.odoo.com/book/multi/ this link ,I create two sub companies.But My daut is for chart of account I cant create multile chart of accounts for different companies,How to resolve this issue .If I use two different currencies for two companies ?

@rainboows: Checking the option reveals the multi-company within Odoo. This means that all the applicable objects will have a company-field revealed. If you configure your user to use multi-company you will also be able to provide a default company and using allowed companies you will define which objects the user can see. Customers would be the best example for this. Check on the products what company is defined, to see which user should see them.

@Libu: By head, go to configuration --> financial. You will have a drop-down box for the companies by default. If you select a daughter company, by default they will be using the "parent company chart of accounts", but you can select and use/install an alternative for that in that menu. This can be set per company.

where is this go to configuration --> financial menu

Author

@Ludo - Neobis thank you for the answer. I believed that the concept of allowed company field was like you said but for example I have company1 as main company and company2 as child of company1. if i create a user that is associated to company1 and in allowed company i only put company1, I can see the company2 products without the listing of company2 in the allowed company access right. why?

I if u configure properly warehouse(stock virtual locations etc...) for this company then ,company1 products can access only the user which u assigned for this company..I think this is what u asked?

Author

@Libu yes this is what i've asked. Thank you, I only have one problem, with subcompany user I can't create the locations with the subcompany attribute. odoo doesn't load the view completely when accessing it with the subcompany user and says to me that the field "Inventory Location" is not valid but the only field that i can view are "name", "short name", "company" (that i can't select, is automatically chosen from user company default" and the "partner address". with the subcompany user i can't see the footer of the form whem i try to create a new warehouse

Author Best Answer

Ok i've created the new warehouse but even if the user has only the main company in the allowed company can see the subcompany products. i really don't understand the meaning of the field "allowed company" in user access rights. it change nothing for me adding or not the companies.

Discard