Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Multi-Company Accounting Issue

Jesse Rye
on 7/27/15, 3:53 PM 861 views

I have setup multi-companies but when I attempt to Validate an invoice I get the following error:

Field(s) `company_id` failed against a constraint: Account and Period must belong to the same company.

When I try to setup a custom period for the second company I get the following error:

Field(s) `date_stop` failed against a constraint: Error!

The period is invalid. Either some periods are overlapping or the period's dates are not matching the scope of the fiscal year.

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do be able to validate a sales invoice under a multi-company setup?

Further... I would prefer to share periods could I assign accounting periods to multiple companies?

Hi Jesse,

Apparently some fields of your invoice refer to accounts of the other company while they should not. To troubleshoot,verify the following:

1. Is the company related to the Receivable account of the invoice the same as the company visible under the "Other info" tab? If not then that's your issue.

2. Else, the journal selected on the customer invoice can be linked to a debit and credit account. Verify that the related company of each of these accounts is the same as the company of the invoice under the "Other info" tab.

Finally, you cannot share periods between companies.

I hope this helps you further.

Jesse Rye
On 3/13/16, 9:46 PM

thanks for your answer Kasongo it looks like multi-company is not going to work for my needs then. I'll have to figure an alternative option.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/27/15, 3:53 PM
Seen: 861 times
Last updated: 3/13/16, 9:46 PM