This question has been flagged

Greetings,

I have an assembly that is MTO, ASM1. It has a subcomponent COMP1 that is made from raw material MATL1.

When I create a manufacturing order for ASM1, I would like a PO for MATL1 and a PO to my subcontractor for COMP1, using the MATL1 that I send them.

I have been playing with the settings of the BOM and I can only get one or the other.

Current Setup:

MATL1 is defined as a Stockable Product, with Routes 'Buy' and 'Make to Order' selected. Supplier is defined.

COMP1 is defined as a Stockable Product, with Routes 'Buy' and 'Make to Order' selected. The Supplier is defined. MATL1 is the only item in its BOM, 'BOM Type'=Set and the MATL1 'BOM Line Type'=Normal. There is an associated routing that has the steps for creating COMP1.

ASM1 is defined as a Stockable Product, with Routes 'Manufacture' and 'Make to Order' selected. Its BOM includes COMP1, 'BOM Type'=Set and the COMP1 'BOM Line Type'=Normal. There is an associated routing that has the steps for assembling ASM1.

With these settings, I get a PO for the MATL1 and a Work Order for COMP1. I want a PO for both.

If I change the COMP1 to Buy/MTO and the BOM to Normal/Normal, then I get a PO for COMP1 to the subcontractor, but no PO for MATL1.

If I change COMP1 to Phantom in ASM1's BOM, I get the same results.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Discard