This question has been flagged

I have Odoo 8.0 and I have a final product we manufacture, call it BOM1, with a few parts.  One of which is a sub-assembly, a circuit-board, we also manufacture, call it BOM2, i.e.  PART1 + PART2 + BOM2 >  BOM1.

I would like to have that when I issue the manufacturing order for the top level product, BOM1, it automatically issue a manufacturing order for the sub-assembly of the circuit board, BOM2, (if the inventory of the product is not enough to complete the original order).  I have the routes of the sub-assembly set to Manufacture and Make to Order. This seems like it would make sense that when inventory is -ve that the product would "make to order" but I am not sure if I am missing something.  I am not sure if there is a guide somewhere on the MRP system for v8.0 I cannot seem to find any specific documentation though this must be common to require accounting for sub-assemblies.

If this is something that is not possible, I am curious if anyone else has an idea/example for how they account for sub-assemblies in odoo (as far as their inventory and MO's are concerned) when the top-product has it MO issued.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Well I was able to resolve "good-enough" on my own.  By using the Inventory app, and adding a re-ordering rule for the sub-assembly (minimum quantity of 0), and running the scheduler It will then issue the MO for it.  Not exactly automatic, but one more click shouldn't be too bad.

Discard