This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

The following use case of my manufacturing services which we offer, I would like to to if this can be implemented in Odoo.

• We are into panel Processing industry, I.e we take wooden panels and convert them into furniture components.

• We have set of machines which do operations ( I.e Work Centers in Odoo) like Cutting, Edge banding, etc,

• We offer the service of these machines to our customers. The customers give us wooden panels and Furniture components which they need (which would vary from order to order). So every Order we execute would have different quantity of materials and time required of our machines.

We would like to know such a use case is possible to implement.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Srini,

please use a more descriptive title next time.

If I well understood you need/want to use MRP, but you don't have a standard BOM (bill of materials) to give to yours work centers. Since MRP works basically with BOM you need to standardize your procedures to quickly develop: if you don't produce stock furniture MRP could be complicated to manage and will require creation of codes and specific quantity every time you send an item to production area.

Have you ever thought about to create at least semi-finished assembly or a phantom/dummy assembly? For example for the setup time of the machine if is always the same, or for a list of materials you'll use for sure independently from the material and the shape of the forniture you'll produce. That's the first step to do for a multilevel BOM. 

Discard