Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

module 'CRM' is not available on your system

By
Yves Nicolas
on 2/15/16, 8:51 AM 471 views

I am new to modules development. I want to add attributes and features to the existing crm_lead object. Working on 8.0 version.

I have created a new module with the scaffold feature. In the `__openerp__.py` manifest, I have added a dependency

# any module necessary for this one to work correctly
    'depends': ['base','CRM'],

When trying to import the module, I get the error

raise orm.except_orm(_('Error'), _("You try to install module '%s' that depends on module '%s'.\nBut the latter module is not available in your system.") % (module.name, dep.name,)) 
except_orm: (u'Error', u"You try to install module 'yvleads' that depends on module 'CRM'.\nBut the latter module is not available in your system.")

Here is the skeletton of the class. I have tried various import (from openerp, from CRM, import crm, import crm_lead) without much success.

class yvleads(models.Model):
    _inherit = 'crm.crm_lead'
    _name = 'yvleads.yvleads'
    name = fields.Char()
    _column = { 'Last_Action': fields.Char('Last_Action', size=240, required=False) }

Any hint here or link to a good practise document or code example to override or add info to existing standard modules?

Thanks

Have you installed the CRM module before?

Ermin Trevisan
on 2/15/16, 9:18 AM

CRM should be crm! Case sensitive i think...

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 2/15/16, 12:23 PM
Yves Nicolas
On 2/16/16, 8:58 AM

jke had the right answer, crm should be low case.

I had asked the question on stack overflow also, here is the link with more detailed answer

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35411220/odoo-server-raises-error-module-crm-is-not-available-on-your-system

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/15/16, 8:51 AM
Seen: 471 times
Last updated: 2/16/16, 8:58 AM