This question has been flagged
1 Reply

hi guys.. this is a short story, i have modified my openerp, such as xml, i modified xml file from frontend, in "Settings -> Technical ->..." menu, i don't modified it in backend or inside folder addons; i modified xml file (action) in database field, in table "ir_act_window", i didn't modified it in backend or inside folder addons, i modified phyton file in backend or inside folder addons. The conclusion is modified my openerp in 3 place, 1. frontend, 2. database, 3. backend.

first question, are those the correct ways of me? or there is any easier way?

Then i want to upgrading or reinstall my openerp, i want my modified file and database are applied to the new installation or my new upgrading openerp.

second question is, can i upgrade, reinstall openerp without delete my modified files in from my old openerp?

really need your help guys!!! sorry for my bad english..

Discard
Best Answer

you should never make changes from the openerp ui or by modifying db records. all the customization must be included in a custom openerp addon that installs your changes.

doing your way there's a high change to get all you modifications lost after a db upgrade.

anyway, if you remember all the changes you've made, you can still extract them and create an openerp module.

about how to write an openerp module, you can:

1. look at doc.openerp.com (especially developer book and technical memento)
  2. look at the "idea" module that's normally used as a reference while learning openerp development
Discard
Author

does it means, i can only modified openerp script (xml) from backend or addons folder in windows?