Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

modifying and upgrading new openerp from modified openerp

By
wasis85
on 3/8/13, 5:21 AM 1,211 views

hi guys.. this is a short story, i have modified my openerp, such as xml, i modified xml file from frontend, in "Settings -> Technical ->..." menu, i don't modified it in backend or inside folder addons; i modified xml file (action) in database field, in table "ir_act_window", i didn't modified it in backend or inside folder addons, i modified phyton file in backend or inside folder addons. The conclusion is modified my openerp in 3 place, 1. frontend, 2. database, 3. backend.

first question, are those the correct ways of me? or there is any easier way?

Then i want to upgrading or reinstall my openerp, i want my modified file and database are applied to the new installation or my new upgrading openerp.

second question is, can i upgrade, reinstall openerp without delete my modified files in from my old openerp?

really need your help guys!!! sorry for my bad english..

Davide Corio

--Davide Corio--
| 4 3 7
Bricherasio, Italy
--Davide Corio--

Odoo Evangelist and Consultant

Davide Corio
On 3/8/13, 5:29 AM

you should never make changes from the openerp ui or by modifying db records. all the customization must be included in a custom openerp addon that installs your changes.

doing your way there's a high change to get all you modifications lost after a db upgrade.

anyway, if you remember all the changes you've made, you can still extract them and create an openerp module.

about how to write an openerp module, you can:

1. look at doc.openerp.com (especially developer book and technical memento)
  2. look at the "idea" module that's normally used as a reference while learning openerp development

does it means, i can only modified openerp script (xml) from backend or addons folder in windows?

wasis85
on 3/9/13, 2:09 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/8/13, 5:21 AM
Seen: 1211 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM